Comment on page
- Sprkl is a Personal Observability platform that provides personalized feedback on your code changes while coding. Sprkl helps ship correct and efficient code while spending less time on debugging, code review, and frustrating rework. Powered by OpenTelemetry, Sprkl instruments every code change and analyzes it upon execution. Watch Sprkl feedback while coding (VSCode/ web / during CI).Watch a short Sprkl demo here.
- By using Sprkl, you immediately understand how your code performs. You no longer need to spend time manually collecting data and trying to piece it all together. No more sifting through endless logs or traces, adding breakpoints or switching from one tool to another. Sprkl helps you research, plan, debug, test and prevent issues, and investigate existing issues faster so you can focus on writing your best possible code. You can see a short demo right here.
--sourcemap …Example using tsc (tsconfig.json)
- We focus on what you need to see to ship better code faster. Therefore, we focus on what’s relevant to your own code change - how it affects and is affected by system components. For example, your code-level traces, your hidden API calls, DB queries, messages, memory bottlenecks, diff coverage, errors, etc.
- Of course. Sprkl can instrument any git recipe you can think of. For example, you can instrument or exclude: uncommitted changes, my commits only; all commits since I left the main branch; all commits in the last six months, etc. Those are configurable.
- What is Sprkl for GitHub actions? Sprkl for GitHub Actions shortens code reviews and debugging time by providing a focused, personalized report for every Pull Request. See deeper into the effects of your code diff, including hidden errors, app ripple effect, performance and security insights, diff coverage, and more. Read more on our docs or join for free here.
- Can I use Sprkl in Kubernetes dev environments? Yes! Sprkl works with Kubernetes and provides auto instrumentation with both OpenTelemetry and Sprkl instrumentation for all the services in the cluster. Check out how to use Sprkl for Kubernetes here.
- What is the Sprkl Operator? The Sprkl Operator is an improvement of the OpenTelemetry Operator. The OpenTelemetry Operator applies automatic library and infrastructure-level instrumentation. The Sprkl Operator provides the same functionality and integrates Sprkl instrumentation with it. Together Sprkl brings you cluster-level distributed tracing with personalization on your Node.js services. Read more on our docs.
- Can I add observability to my Jest tests? Yes! Sprkl ships with Jest testing instrumentation (unit and integration tests), providing insights and traces for every execution. You can get an overview of the execution of your tests, including details for mocks and assertions. Get a better understanding of what is tested (or not tested) for the code changes you analyze. Read more here or this article in our blog.
sprkl web --json